CHRISTMAS LIGHTS BOKEH - TUTORIAL

Hi everyone!
I have an easy and quick tutorial today!
You often ask, in your comments and privet messages (thank for all love you send me!!) how I get this beautiful bokeh on my photos.
Well, it's so easy.. ;)
But I know not everyone of you is familiar with camera settings, so.. let's start a lesson!


For my photography I use Canon 6D and three prime lenses - 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8 and 100mm f/2.8 macro.
Those are great lenses, not THAT expensive (especially 50mm f/1.8 costs approx. $120) and is really fun to use! 


For my 'bokeh photos' I set my camera settings around: 
aperture: f/1.8 time: 1/320 sec, ISO: 400
Put your mug (jar, basket - whatever you want in the foreground) on the table and hang Christmas lights approx. 1-2 meters from the table. 


When you focus your lens on a mug in the foreground, your background will be unsharp and lights will make a beautiful bokeh! 
It's all about practise :) Please, don't be unpatient and mad if you fail for the first time :) 

This photograph's settings: f/2.8, 1/100s, ISO 8000 (yeah, it's very dark today)

Today I used only my macro lens, but most of the time I use my favourite 50mm ;) 
However I can get such images only with macro lens: 


I really hope that it's more clear to you now, but if you still have questions - please write them below this post and I will replay asap :)

xox

6 comments:

  1. muczo! też się ostatnio zabawiałam bokeszkami! lowe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool tutorial!:)

    And I really like your new look of the webside. It is, however, a bit too wide for my screen, so there's a horizontal scroll bar...

    Best wishes
    Moni/Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. ja mam pytanie: SKAD MASZ TAKI PIEKNY KUBEK? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Thank you so so much Magda!! Such a beautiful and we'll explained tutorial - I can't wait to give it a try!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tutorial!! I always love your photos!!

    ReplyDelete